Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trash under glass

I love apothacary jars! I've eyed these lovely little sweeties for years, and just last year I finally lucked into finding some that I felt were reasonably priced enough for me to spend hard earned money on them. Since then I have found a few more, one here, one there, and my collection keeps growing.

I have several of these beauties scattered throughout my home, but my favorite grouping of them sits atop a pie safe in the dining room. These apothacary jars ended up on the pie safe, because it seemed to be a safer position than grouped in the middle of the dining room table. They would be beautiful on the dining room table, but I had vivid visions of my children pulling the tablecloth from the table along with all of these fragile ladies. So on top of the pie safe they went, and I am so happy they ended up there. It's a position of honor that sits above everything else in the room.

Now the question is what's in my jars? Well, the jars in my dining room change with the holiday or season. During the Christmas holidays they contained glass ball ornaments (of course I forgot to take a picture of that). For Easter I filled them with various colors of Easter basket grass and chocolate bunnies.


Before Valentine's day I needed to fill them quickly. It was late at night. We had guests coming the next day, and I didn't really want to spend any money. So, I went from room to room in my house and collected all things red. Ribbons, pipe cleaners, gift wrap, toys, marbles, and silk flowers if it was red it went in the jars.

So for Summer I was inspired by the dining room itself and my shell collection. Shells, sand, and sea glass set a beachy tone.









Thank you for stopping by to meet these curvy ladies. I'm so excited that Jen at Pear St. Studios hosted a linky party so that we can all see see how everyone fills their jars.

I'm also linking this to Reinvented for Trash to Treasure Tuesday , because I think I've proved that everything's a treasure under glass, even left over gift wrap and pipe cleaners.

Happy blogging.
Amanda

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful jars you have! And your so lucky to enjoy them everyday! I just posted about that yesterday...about how collections are best when used everyday!

    Decor mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous display!!!! WOW! I would have never thought of Easter Basket Grass...what a GREAT idea! And I LOVE all your shells displayed in your jars. You have been very creative with your items!! Thank you so much for showing these off to us!!!!
    Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many pretty glass jars in so many shapes and sizes. What a fun way to decorate.
    This is my first time to your blog. I hope you will come by for a visit and stay awhile.
    Its So Very Cheri I also have a party on Mondays called the Knock Off Knock Out go check out some amazing projects.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty display, I especially love the shells! Thanks for sharing, I love any project that you can complete by shopping the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your apothecary jars! What a lovely display with the shells! :-) Beautiful!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may want to join the cloche party in Sept. I've got the button on my blog. Your entry would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin