Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A beautiful accident




This picture was accidentally drug and dropped into my Picasa pictures and became this beautiful black and white picture with a negative effect. I don't know how it became this, but I thought it was beautiful accident. I thought ya'll would appreciate it because I know that you understand that so many beautiful things come from things we don't plan or at least not exactly as we planned.

I accidentally double clicked on a picture and drug it into a program, and now I have a fabulous, modern picture from ordinary objects. I accidentally broke a piece of my black transferware now maybe I'll create a new black and white mosaic top for a side table in our living room. The secret to handling the accidents is to always see the possibilities. For me it's easier to see the possibilities in decorating than it is in life. A door falls off of a "bird house" cd tower. Well now it can be painted antique white and used in a little girls nursery to hold baby shoes, and the door door can be used as a piece of architectual art work. Now that I can handle it just gets the creative juices flowing, but what if your transmission goes out on your car or a hurricane topples an ancient and huge oak in your back yard? I find it a little harder for me to find the possibilities in those things. That's where I have to trust that God is working, and He will take care of me.

I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,My God, in whom I trust!"Psalm 91:1-3

Lots of projects are in the works around the house. I hope to have those up to show ya'll soon.

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Love it! What an accident! Those accidents don't happen around my house...I only get the kind with wet shorts and puddles in the floor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin