Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm making cloches today

These are glass pieces I posted several weeks back that I bought for a quarter a piece at one of our local resale shops. I thought that I would get them ready to use for the cloche party at A Stroll Through Life on September 11.

Each of these 3 pieces are intended for candles.
I searched through my extra previously used hardware that I have strored in a drawer in the guest room and came up with these pretty knobs. What a shame they were in storage. I used these in my first that I lived in on my home. I loved that little house.



I simply placed the knobs on top and secured them with a little hot glue so that I could easily change them out later if I wanted to.

Or if I could ever figure out how to get the brass piece off the bottom of the door knobs. It looks ok. I'd rather have all clear glass though.

Thanks for stopping by. BTW, I'm adding this to The Shabby Chic Cottage for transformation Thursday.


Amanda

17 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea for a cloche! I see these alot, but had never thought of a hardware knob to cover it. Now, have fun decorating these!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super smart idea! And... I like the deco top even better than the normal ones!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. What a great way to use those candle globes! I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing this fine day. Love it. I love the glass knobs too, and I am going to ask my husband about how you would get that brass off of the knobs. Maybe he will know. Then I can share with you. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is so clever. I would never thought of that. I really do have to start having a more creative eye when I see things. This is just too clever. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done this with a chicken wire cloche, but never thought to add them to an upside down hurricane. Cute and clever!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever you are! I see those lamp glass covers all the time but never thought to buy them to use as cloches. Guess what I will be looking for tomorrow at the flea market! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How CLEVER this idea is! Good girl!
    I just adore visiting your blog!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that look! Great idea, makes them look so vintage and original! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea...I have made cloche's from vase also..now I need to do one of these...thanks...may you have a great weekend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for teaching me how to create cloches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Jane (Artfully Graced)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SOOOOOO clever! They are hurrican lamps..upside down!!!! SO smart! I was waitng forever to find one of the glass "domes"! I found one...but by dang it took forever! Check it out on my treasure finds @http://hotlittlenana.blogspot.com/search/label/Garage%20sale%20Granny...Look%20what%20I%20found..girl. I was going to use a SMALL door handle for top. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin