Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Open and Shut Case

Cheesey title I know, but I couldn't help it. This post is inspired by Mellisa at the Inspired Room as part of her impromtu Linky party.


I love these shutters! I got them for $10 a piece at my favorite junking place in Houston, Double Decker Antiques, and I do mean junk. The term "Antiques" is used loosley (very loosely), but it's always a source of great materials for creating.

In our previous home I flanked the TV armoire with the pair of shutters to hide some monster speakers my husband had hooked up to the television in our living room. Luckily my husband decided to get rid of the speakers when me moved to our new home.


Where did the shutters end up after we moved? Well one is hiding an opening to DH's closet that needs to be re-framed. The other found it's way to the guest room.






I love it dressed up with the frames and the accessories on the little accent table. (Note to self: hang drapes in the guest room.)











....and what's hidden behind that shutter now?


Why the ironing board and the bamboo blinds that need to be hung in the guest room as well. Gotta love decor that conceals clutter.

1 comment:

  1. Clever you to hide things behind the shutters :-)

    Thanks for sharing your shutter inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin